The epic adventure Thor spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the mystical realm of Asgard. At the centre of the story is the Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. As a result, Thor is banished to Earth where he is forced to live among humans. When the most dangerous villain of his world sends its darkest forces to invade Earth, Thor learns what it takes to be a true Hero.
This resource is designed for students of English at ages 11-16. Offering a range of engaging interactivity based on assets from the film, these materials give learners an exciting opportunity to develop reading skills across multimodal texts.
Thank you for using this resource. Please give five minutes of your time to give us your feedback to help us ensure that our future resources are as effective as possible.
Complete survey questionnaire
(News reporters talk over each other)
Sir, we found it.
- Government agencies have now cordoned off the area…
- Jane, I think you’ll wanna see this.
- You dare threaten me, Thor, with so puny a weapon?
- What? He was freaking me out.
- Where did he come from?
- He said it was, Thor?
You know for a crazy homeless person he’s pretty cut.
How’d you get inside that cloud?
- Also, how could you eat an entire box of pop-tarts and still be this hungry?
- This drink (HOLDS UP MUG) I like it. Another! (SMASHES MUG ON THE FLOOR)
- This is going on Facebook. Smile!
Your ancestors called it magic and you call it science. Well where I come from they are one in the same.
- Well who are you really?
- You’ll see soon enough.
- God, I hope you’re not crazy.
Do you swear to guard the lives of the innocent and preserve the peace?
- I swear.
I will destroy their kind.
- You can’t kill an entire race!
- Then die with them!
(Text) This year
- These people are innocent. I have no plans to die today.
(Text) The Battle
(Text) Comes to earth
I will return
You don’t know what your actions would unleash.