Questions of character
Click on each character image to unlock their profile plus a series of 'sticky' speaking and listening prompts that will help to develop understanding of how each personality is developed on the big screen.
You can also download these speaking and listening activity cards featuring brief character profiles and sticky thinking activities to stimulate deep learning opportunities to further reinforce awareness of the characters.
This crew of unusual characters helps Snow White to turn from a banished Princess, into a Bandit Queen.
- Each bandit has something unique about them that sets them apart from the others. Describe each one that you can see, giving them an imaginary backstory.
- Develop a slogan or motto that the bandits can stand by.
The Evil Queen's put upon servant and sidekick. Undaunted by the Queen's mean remarks and put-downs, he is loyal to the end.
- Brighton is dressed for the Fancy Dress Ball. What does his outfit say about him?
- What other animal or insect outfits could he have worn, and how would these change our perception of his character?
- Describe your ideal outfit for a Fancy Dress Ball - it's got to be insect or animal-themed
Snow White's friend and confidante, Baker Margaret works to protect her against the Evil Queen.
- If you were Snow White, how would you feel if Baker Margaret and the others were presenting you with this birthday pie?
- Examine Baker Margaret's facial expression and body language. What can we say about her personality and demeanor?
The Evil Queen is proud, vain, conceited and ultimately, jealous. She will do anything to remain Queen - however evil.
- Look at the way this image is staged. What visual clues are there that help us to understand that the Evil Queen is a powerful figure?
- Create a monologue in the Evil Queen's voice, trying to justify her actions. Why is she so mean to Snow White?
A blue-eyed modern Prince Charming, Andrew is not the strapping swashbuckler that his appearance suggests... In Mirror Mirror, he discovers his inner-canine when he swallows some 'Puppy Love' potion and gets captured by the bandits and their mysterious Queen.
- What is going on in Prince Andrew's mind?
- What could he say to get himself out of this situation?
Snow White is young, beautiful and kind. She is everything that the Evil Queen is not. When she is banished to live in the frozen forest, she comes into her own and starts fighting back.
- Does this Snow White look like the traditional ‘fairy tale’ Snow White? How is she the same / different?
- Discuss the relevance of the apple. What prop would you include in a picture of yourself – choose something that somehow sums up your life!
You can download Sticky Thinking Cards for all the characters below: