Thank you to the 2,000+ students who entered the Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Rodrick Rules: Embarrassing Moments competition. It was nearly impossible to choose a winner. The quality of the entries was truly outstanding. We received written accounts, short films, animations, poems, booklets, leaflets, music videos and film scripts – all detailing embarrassing moments and how to avoid them.
This winning entry, created by 12 year-old Jessica from Sale, was a comprehensive, beautifully illustrated booklet entitled 'Top 10 Troubled Times... With the Best Beat Downs' which included advice on how to make the most of bad situations such as using the wrong toilets and what to do when your embarrassing uncle picks you up from school. Jessica will receive a PlayStation 3® and MOVE and her school will receive £1,000 towards buying new equipment.
These ten runners up will receive a film goody-bag:
- Matthew & Tom, aged 12, Sullivan Upper School
- Adam, Orchard School
- Bella, Pathcham High School
- Toyosi, The Appleton School
- Harvey, Joe, Ivan, Adam, Zack, All Hallows Catholic High School
- Emily, Central Newcastle High School
- Faye, Priory City of Lincoln Academy
- Morgan, Risca Community Comprehensive School
- Jacob, aged 11, Egglescliffe School
- Bethan, Shenley Brook End School
Thanks again to all those who entered and well done to the winners!